I worked up in Canada this past summer and I stayed at different friend’s homes in Vancouver. It was at one house where I was introduced to this unique combination of ingredients. And at another home where I discovered I could add different sources of protein to my breakfast bowl.
Start with the main ingredients and then experiment with other seeds or meats or sauces to start your day off with fermented, salty goodness!
Miso Oatmeal Recipe
¾ cups Old-Fashion Oats
1 ½ cups Water
1 Tbsp. Miso paste
1 tsp. Olive oil
A pinch of Cayenne
Top it off with:
Eggs, Steak, Tofu, Kimchi, Nutritional Yeast, or Siracha/other hot sauce.
1. Bring water to a boil
2. Stir in half cup of oats and reduce heat to medium
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes
4. Stir in miso until it dissolves into the oats
5. Add olive oil and cayenne
6. Serve in a bowl and top with any of the the suggestions above