I learned this recipe from the Cedar Mountain Herb School and fell in love. Sam is the maker of Energy Balls in our kitchen, so this was a wonderful way to get him to work with all of those dried herbs lying around our kitchen...
Nettle helps adrenal fatigue. Yet, its important to know that TOO MUCH nettle can CAUSE fatigue. Everything in moderation...
Feed your adrenals and enjoy this uplifting, tasty, recipe!
Nettle Energy Balls
1/3 cup ground Dandelion Root
1/4 cup powdered Nettle
16 oz. Nut Butter (I combine almond and cashew...)
2 cups "binding" Flour (Oat flour, Rice flour, Almond flour, etc.)
1/3 cup herbal infused Honey (or local raw)
optional: cacao powder, coconut flakes, rose petals
- Grind dried nettle and dandelion root in coffee grinder, if it's not already powdered...
- Pour ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix with spoon or hands :)
- When it begins to form into a large dough-like ball, you are ready to make little bite-sized balls.
- Take a spoon or use your hands and roll into little balls.
- Optional: Pour cacao powder/ coconut flakes/ rose petals/etc. into a bowl. Roll balls into topping.
- Place on a tray and put in freezer for about 20 minutes or refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Keep in freezer or refrigerator for a couple of days and enjoy!